Isabelle Dupuy Chavanat
For a few years now, visual artist Isabelle Dupuy Chavanat has been making documentary films about women and men who live from their unique crafting skills.
Over a period of 8 months, from November 2015 to July 2016, Isabelle travelled to Japan, Mongolia, Nepal, India, Laos & Tibet, gathering images and materials for her new project, "Au Fil du Monde ", a collection of 5 films she wrote and directed with Jill Coulon. This ambitious project has received the support of the CNC and PROCIREP and will be aired on French/ German TV channel Arte in late 2017.
2014 : “Voyage en Ikat”, Hermès – Broadcasted on Hermès’ website.
October 2011: Release of “Les Mains d’Hermès”, co-directed with Frédéric Laffont – Broadcasted on Sundance Channel in September 2012.
She has produced 3 short movies directed by Sarah Moon : “L’Effraie”, “Le Fil Rouge”, “La Petite Sirène” – Presented at the Maison Européenne de la Photographie, the Musée du Jeu de Paume, the British College, London and other international museums – Broadcasted on French/German TV Channel Arte.
After graduating from French photography school Les Gobelins in Paris, Isabelle Dupuy Chavanat quickly entered the world of journalism. Early in her career, she knew that images would be at the heart of her life. As a photography lover and enlightened globetrotter, she has always been passionate about wide-open spaces and roads crossing Asia, Africa and America.
Her travels are nourished by encounters and conversations with the world’s residents. She has carried out many photo-reportages for international magazines. Mixing poetry and onirism, each project is a singular story, created with an original eye.
Isabelle's works embark the reader in surprising journeys: the silk road from Urumchi to Peshawar, Suzhou, the dragon’s well Jamdabi, the fabrics from Calcutta are only a few examples from China, India and Pakistan of these incredible travels.
Photo & Video Reportages
• Chine/Pakistan - La route de la soie - Vogue Décoration
• Chine - Suzhou, « le Puit du Dragon - Figaro Madame
• Japon, Kyoto - Wagashi, motifs des gâteaux Japonais - Elle Décoration
• Mexique - La route du Sisal - Elle décoration
• Indonésie - Lombok et Bali sous les palmes - Côté Sud
• Cachemire - Pashmina, l’étoffe de la foi - Côté Sud
• Ouzbékistan - La route de la brique - Elle Décoration
• Vietnam - Le goût de l’Asie - Madame Figaro
• Inde - Sanganer, Indian Paper - Côté Sud
• Inde - Les Palais de Goa - AD France
• Inde - Valérie Barkowski, Jaipur - Côté Sud
• Inde -décor du Cinéma Tamoul – AD France
• Inde –Jamdani, textile de Calcutta -Elle Décoration
• Japon, Hiroshima – Dominique Kieffer, Épure nippone - AD France
• Mongolie - un campement sous l’infini - AD France
• France, Paris - il Cielo sopra Parigi - Case da Abitare
• États Unis - New York, Joseph Dinard - Case da Abitare
• Australie, de Sydney à Melbourne, le design australien - Elle déco